Thursday, October 18, 2012

C4T #2

zinio logo

The first post I commented on by Dianne Krause is very short, sweet, and to the point. Basically, it just has a link to Zinio, which is a mobile reader. On this website you can subscribe to the digital version of tons of different magazines. You can read them on iPhones, iPads, laptops, and desktop computers. Digital magazines are special because they can include interactive features like videos and live links to other resources.

As always, I began my comment by introducing myself. I told her that I had never heard of Zinio before reading her post, so I went to the link she provided and looked around. I told her my thoughts on how this changes magazines for the better in a lot of ways with all of the interactive elements available. I also let her know that I thought it would be a great resource for teachers to use for educational magazines in their classrooms. Finally, I thanked her for introducing me to this wonderful resource.


The second post I read is also by Dianne Krause. This one is a link to a presentation on Prezi that explains the National Educational Technology Standards in an easy to understand way for kids. The presentation features seven actions for kids to accomplish when using technology. These actions are "make it," "say it," "share it," "find it," "solve it," "protect it," and "use it." I really like the design of the presentation and how it flows. It is done in an entertaining way that will keep the attention of kids.

For my comment, I only briefly introduced myself since I already did on the other comment I wrote to her. Next, I thanked her for sharing the presentation in her blog. I told her that I think that kids will enjoy the presentation and be able to understand it. I also mentioned how it is also good for teachers to watch too to get a clearer understanding of the standards. Finally, I said how I think that this video reminds both teachers and kids that learning can be fun and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment