Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November C4K

seafood chowder

My first C4K assignment for November was an unusual one because it was not for a kid's blog. Instead it was Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli's blog about their adventures in Ireland. The post I commented on, Then There's Food, is about all of the fabulous meals they were enjoying throughout the trip. They included photos of several of the meals, and they all look delicious. At the time this post was written, they both agreed that their favorite meal was the seafood chowder at Gus O'Connor's Pub (as shown in the picture to the right). For my comment I began by saying how delicious all of the food in the pictures looks. I talked about how I am not very adventurous with food usually, but it might be a different story if I ever find myself in a foreign country. I asked if "rocket," a specific food mentioned in the post was good. I ended by wishing them the best during the rest of their trip.

The next post I commented on was for Loreli, a student from Alberta. Her post is a virtual poster about the Rocky Mountain region of Alberta. The poster includes text and a map of the region as well as photos and video of animals found in the region. For my comment, I began by introducing myself. I told her that the poster looks great, and that I like how she included a video. I then asked her which animal from the video is her favorite. I ended by telling her that I learned a lot about Alberta from her poster and to keep up the great work.

The next post I commented on was for Nolan. His post is about the book, James and the Giant Peach. He wrote a paragraph summarizing what I am guessing is the beginning of the story. I am not positive about this though, because I have never read the book. For my comment, I began by introducing myself. I then let him know that I thought his post was interesting to read. I said that I have never read the book, but his post makes it sound like an exciting story. I ended by asking what his favorite part of the story was, and to keep up the good work.

The last post I commented on was for Brandon, a tenth grade student at Baldwin County High School. His post is actually a video of himself interviewing another student in his class, Alexis, about her life. For my comment I began by introducing myself once again. I told him that I enjoyed watching his video. Then I mentioned that I had never tried cheese toast with ranch dressing, but listening to Alexis talk about it made me curious about it. I then told him that my favorite subject in high school was also math just as he mentioned it is his favorite. Finally, I told him that he did a good job on his post and to keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment